Working from home at least partly is a new norm for everyone and will be for the foreseeable future. The same goes for Physicians who are practicing Telemedicine to take care of there patients virtually. A home setting isn’t ideal to practice Telemedicine; having an isolated space like a home office is crucial to provide focused care.
Here, Dr. Junaid Kalia, a Leader in the field of Telehealth, shows a recommended setup that you can be inspired by.
1. An Ergonomic office chair: Lumbar support and headrest are important, and it is important to look into these is to ensure you don’t develop any cervical/spine issues.
2. A Workstation desk- Preferably a standing desk, an optional Laptop stand that can help you get from sitting mode to standing mode.
3. Choosing the right kind of computer monitor is very essential. You can choose an ultra-wide monitor which gives you the flexibility to run two applications side by side at the point of time.
4. A good webcam is of prime importance. A webcam with 4K resolution is overkill and not needed. Invest in a good quality 1080p resolution webcam. Anything below 1080p is not usually recommended; however, keep in mind most laptops are shipping with 720p resolution.
5. A webcam stand is optional but recommended. It gives you the flexibility of maintaining eye contact with the patient, as opposed to a monitor-mounted webcam that doesn’t give the same feeling.
6. The best option for audio is to use a Bluetooth headset, as it gives you the flexibility to move/shift without tugging on the cord.
7. Technically 25 Mbps is enough internet speed for 1080p live audio/video session. However I would recommend 100 Mbps. As higher speed on your side will help with improved reliability
8. A reliable router, like Google Nest, works wonders. A router that is on mesh network is always recommended, as it provides constant connectivity to your device.
9. If you’re on a laptop, consider using a separate wireless keyboard and a mouse, they always make your life easier with the controls an integrated keyboard will never be able to provide. For dual display on laptops, there are multiple options you can explore.
Office Chair – Ergonomic – Head and Lumbar Support
Steelcase – Gesture – https://amz.run/3CCJ
Office Desk – Standing – Adjustable Height
UPLIFT V2 Standing Desk – https://thewirecutter.com/reviews/bes…
MOFTTM Z Sit-Stand Desk – https://www.moft.us/pages/moft-z-debut
Dual Monitor Riser (DESK-V000V) – https://amz.run/3CCK
Dell U-Series 38″ Screen LED-Lit Monitor (U3818DW) – https://amz.run/3CCO
Dell U2417H UltraSharp 24 – https://amz.run/3CCP
Logitech C920S HD Pro Webcam – https://thewirecutter.com/reviews/the…
Positioning Stand – ULANZI MT-08 Extension Pole – https://amz.run/3CCQ
Nest Wi-Fi – https://store.google.com/us/product/n…
Chris Majestic – Best Wifi Router 2019 – https://youtu.be/KtH9SE6tRZA
Airpods/Pro – https://www.apple.com/airpods/
THE VERGE- https://www.theverge.com/21250695/bes…
MOFTTM Laptop Stand – https://amz.run/3CCR
Logitech MX Keys Advanced Wireless Illuminated Keyboard – https://amz.run/3CCS
Logitech MX Master 2S Wireless Mouse – https://amz.run/3CCT
Portable Dual Screen
iPad – Sidecar (Mac to iPad – Free)
Spacedesk – https://spacedesk.net/ (Free for personal use)
DuetDisplay – https://www.duetdisplay.com/
Duex Pro Portable Monitor – https://amz.run/3CCU
Lenovo ThinkVision M14 14″ (300 Nit ONLY! Brightness is low) – https://amz.run/3CCV